Saturday 27 August 2011

Tesco Reply


In response to this letter, Pat at Tesco customer services sent me the following apology and extended the olive branch with a £5 voucher:

Dear Mr Haselhurst-Horton

Thank you for your email. I’d like to apologise for the delay in replying. Normally, we can get back in touch with you within 24 hours and I’m sorry that we haven’t managed to do this for you on this occasion.

I'm very sorry to hear that you and your wife had your Pizza meal spoilt due to the lack of butter and garlic in your garlic bread. I can understand how annoying and disappointing this must have been for you both. We set very high standards for our suppliers and this helps to make sure that every product has the correct balance of ingredients. However, due to the speed of production, our Quality Assurance staff may occasionally overlook a product that doesn't meet these standards.

To say sorry for you meal being spoilt, I'd like to send you a £5.00 Tesco Moneycard which you could perhaps put towards another Pizza and maybe the Garlic Bread again which should be up to your expectations on the next occasion. I like to eat this as well so know that it should be nice and garlicky. If you could get back to me with your postal address, I'll be happy to arrange for this to be sent out to you.

It's good to hear that apart from some shortcomings in our stores, that you are generally very happy with the service we give you and particularly our Clubcard scheme. It's our way of saying thank you for your loyalty for shopping with us so I'm glad that you're both enjoying going to Pizza Express when you can. I'm sorry to hear that sometimes your wife's gout prevents this.

I hope that you'll be able to enjoy another night in with the Pizza and Garlic Bread. It sounds like a really good night especially if you can watch Midsummer Murders at the same time. Of course you can use the Moneycard to purchase other items in the store which you may like as well.

Thanks again for contacting us and please pass my apologies on to your wife as well for the disappointment caused.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards

Pat C
Tesco Customer Service

No comments:

Post a Comment