Friday 15 July 2011

McCoys

McCoys have a campaign where they advertise their crisps as just for men. Their website features such pearls of wisdom as how not to cry and how to avoid catching man 'flu.

Dear Sirs,

Although my good lady-wife Agatha frowns upon unwholesome food like crisps, often I can persuade her to make an exception in the case of your delicious McCoys. The deep ridges of each delicious crisp intensify the flavourings and satisfy the most savage of cravings, and more importantly I have found your ‘crisps for men’ campaign to be most instructive. It has even helped me to overcome my issues about my sub-par masculinity. Although I am a proud member of the heterosexual community, from a very young age I have been ridiculed for my somewhat womanly features and higher-than-averagely pitched voice. Since my school-days I was the unfortunate recipient of all manner of unsavoury monikers including ‘cissy’, ‘pansy’ and ‘knob-gobbler’. Although my good lady-wife Agatha is a delicate flower at heart, she has always ‘worn the trousers’ in our relationship and I have always been privately intimidated by her ability to grow a more substantial moustache than I. Because she disapproves of your delectable potato products and I am not allowed to use the World Wide Web without supervision, I have had to slip Nytol in her morning Earl Grey in order to communicate my gratitude to you over e-mail. Even as I type this, she is slumped face-down on the kitchen table. I actually feel quite empowered and feel this is the sort of behaviour the staff at McCoy HQ would endorse. Before I read your manifesto of manliness I would never have had the courage to drug my own lady-wife, so thank you, sirs, I take my hat off to you!

Yours admiringly,

Derek Haselhurst-Horton

P-s. I must applaud, particularly, your guide to tackling a grizzly bear. Although I am a pacifist by nature and have never ventured anywhere more exotic than Great Yarmouth due to my fear of snakes, planes and foreign food, I am whole-heartedly looking forward to ‘smacking a bear between the eyes’. Bravo, sirs!








No comments:

Post a Comment